Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The "DSK" Palette and Every Butters

I have been thinking about what 4 colors I wanted to press into a palette for about 5 months, and all of a sudden I saw something pretty that inspired me =) Firstly, I am a total DSK Jewelry addict. Steph makes the most awesome crystal pieces, and most of hers are one-of-a-kind, so I always feel unique and special when I have something of hers on. It is such a pick me up to receive a package from her because of the personal touches she puts on everything she sends (I love that grape marshmallow candy..). So a great big THANKS to DSK Steph for being my inspiration for my first pressed quad palette!



I am pleased to introduce 3 new colors inspired by DSK Steph's Triple Hearts necklace (and also one original color made by myself, since there are 4 slots in the case!). The first color, in the top left is Moonlight, a gorgeous white shadow with a hint of blue and purple shine just like the Moonlight crystal. I love the moonlight crystal, it gives off kind of a frosted look, and that was what I was also going for.

Next on the top right is created after the Purple Haze crystal. Purple Haze is a beautiful crystal color that I'm having a hard time using English words to describe. It has sort of a mauvey-blueish in it, and I think I did a good job capturing that in the eyeshadow.

The color on the bottom right is Teal, the third heart in DSK Steph's Triple Hearts necklace. Bluish-green with medium sparkle and bright color!

Lastly is my original Flora, on the bottom left. Of course, purple was the natural choice to fill in the blank since Steph's proclaimed color of preference is the same. A lovely light lilac with lots of silver sparkle. If you would like to see the inspiration piece for my palette (or to possibly make one of these beauties your own) please click here for DSK Steph's Triple Hearts necklace! I know you will love her work just as much as I do!

This was my first attempt at making a pressed palette out of the loose mineral eyeshadow I usually make. Since they take a day to cure, I'll see just how well I did and hope they don't flake apart or anything. So far so good, and the pressing medium does add some vibrancy to the color.

Now I have another Thanks to send out, to the awesome guy who made a good many of my projects possible, Sam. I had really not thought about just how much space 50 of these suckers would take up when they were empty, and ended up having to send them to him in the US because the supplied didn't ship to Canada. After a biiiiig painstaking little while, they were shipped, cleared, and I had received a million empty jars. I remember Chantelle was there and looked weirded out by how happy I was about them. Without him, I never would have been able to make these...



My homemade body butter, in all the scents I have produced it in so far: Island Pineapple, Irresistible Apple, Creamy Vanilla Citrus, Double Chocolate, and Chocolate Orange. I had a shipment of raw cocoa butter come in, so I was extra excited to try that out. Recently, my mom had acquired one of those electric stand mixers I needed for the expansion of my hobby. I'm pretty sure I overbeat the first batch, but really, it does all end up the same in the end, and melts at body temperature. Today after mixing, I used all the leftover Chocolate Orange butter on myself, and ladies at the gym commented on how I smelled like one of those Christmas oranges XD Orange is supposedly the most antidepressant of all the citrus fruits, so maybe that's why I love it so much =)

No comments:

Post a Comment